Creates a new spooler structure.
WARNING SP-NEWTAB removes all print jobs and
The STANDARD formqueue is recreated.
- This command can only be executed by root or an administrator.
- The default directory in which the spooler files are created is called jspooler
however SP-NEWTAB allows a different directory to be specified. Before the
spooler can be accessed by a user, it's location must be specified using the
environment variable JBCSPOOLERDIR. On Unix
platforms, SP-NEWTAB prompts for the owner and group to be assigned to the
spooler files. If not specified the owner is set to root and the group is set to lp.
- SP-NEWTAB allows security settings for form queues and print jobs. These
can be changed subsequently by using the commands SP-SECURITY,
and SP-SECURITY-QUEUE. Please
refer to the documentation for a full discussion of the security settings.
- The SP-NEWTAB command does not kill despooling demons.
- If a process was assigned to any formqueue other than STANDARD when the SP-NEWTAB
command was executed, the process will be assigned to NO QUEUE.
- The default formqueue STANDARD is re-initialized with a LPTR logical device type.